Coiste na dTuistí/ Parents’ Association 2022
- Sarah-Jane Larkin- Cathaoirleach/ Chairperson
- Aoife Hayes- Rúnaí/ Secretary
- Maritta Buwalda- Cisteoir/ Treasurer
Gaelscoil Chionn tSáile Coiste-na-dtuistí (Parents’ Association) is the structure through which parents/guardians in the school can work together for the best possible education for our children. Educational research on the involvement of parents in schools shows that children achieve higher levels when parents and teachers work together. The PA contributes in a variety of ways.
- Fundraising to support different activities ongoing in the school e.g. school building project, computers, Summer Ice Cream Day, monetary support for school tours, through bake sales, raffles, clothes collections.
- Representing the views of parents where an issue arises at the school.
- Supporting school initiatives e.g. Active School Healthy Promotion, Anti-bullying, Community Inclusion (Pieta House, Simon Community, etc)
A new PA committee was elected on Jan 26th 2022. Our sincere thanks to the outgoing committee:
Alison Walsh, Carol Nyhan and Fidemla Ní Chathasaigh.
Due to the restrictions of the Covid-19 pandemic fundraising opportunities have been limited. Thank you for supporting recent fundraising activities including the School Calendar and Christmas Cards.
In light of the lifting of the restrictions the PA are going to be running some events over the coming months to raise funds for:
- Buying new equipment for the children in the Clós
- Helping to fund celebrations for children including Communion, 6th Class Graduations, Confirmations
- Summer Term celebrations
We look forward to your ongoing support.
We would also like to encourage parents to get involved in activities in the school. To date, we have had some great volunteers to support STEM, Bike Safety, Engineers Week, Seachtain ná Gaeilge, but we would love to get as many people involved as possible. So please do get in contact either via your Class Rep or to one of the PA committee members.